or in other words the small print…..
7 Day Guest Pass
This allows you to get a flavour of the activities on offer at Halo and how we can help you to get more active.
Limited to one 7 day pass per person in a 12 month period.
7 consecutive days.
No cash value.
Normal enrolment fee applies when joining.
Transferrable - so feel free to pass onto your friend or family if you decide not to use it.
We will ask you to provide your contact details so that we can keep you up to date with children's activities, family events, latest offers, new group exercise classes etc. We will not pass your email address, phone number or other personal information onto any other organisation. Of course you have the option to decline if you do not want to receive correspondence from Halo Leisure.
Garw & Ogmore Valley Life Centre Membership
Membership allows you to access the following activities at BOTH centres: gym, group exercise and racket sport membership.
£19.95 per month
Normal enrolment fee applies
12 months committed membership
Valid only for the Garw Valley Life Centre and Ogmore Valley Life Centre . This membership does not entitle the member to use other Halo centres.
The Bromyard Centre Membership
Gym and class membership only
£19.95 per month
Normal enrolment fee applies
12 months committed membership
Valid only for the Bromyard Centre. This membership does not entitle the member to use other Halo centres.
Rose Garden Gym Hereford
- Gym and Health Suite membership only.
- 18+ for access to the gym and health suite.
- £20 per month by direct debit.
- No enrolement fee applies.
- 30 days notice for cancellations apply
- Valid only for the Rose Garden Gym. This membership does not entitle the member to use other Halo centres.
- Other Halo memberships does not give you access to the Rose Garden Gym.
Active Together Memberships
Discounted corporate membership is available to business, groups, clubs and organisations.
5 members are needed to trigger a corporate discount.
Corporate members sign up to 12 months contract.
Normal enrolment fee applies.
Payments are made by Direct Debit and not through payroll.
Your partner can also benefit from the corporate discount even if they do not work for the same employer but they must live at the same address and have evidence of this. The partner does not have to join at the same time as the existing corporate member. They can join at a later date, but the existing corporate member must accompany the partner to the centre when they join.
Access to Leisure Membership
£10 per month membership - available to adults and children
Available to those receiving Housing Benefit, Universal Credit Housing Element or Council Tax benefit. Proof of benefits is necessary.
Pay as you go option available - £1.50 per adult per activity and £1 per child per activity. Sports coaching/lessons will be available at a rate of £2.50 per session.
Available to those receivingIncome support; Job Seekers Allowance; Employment and Support Allowance; Housing Benefit; Universal Credits; Council Tax Benefit and Working Tax Credit.
Simply bring along evidence that you’re in receipt of one of these benefits and we’ll activate your Easy Membership straight away.
There is a £3 sign up fee for Easy membership.
Pay as you go option available
Concessionary Membership Revalidation
Concessionary memberships are subject to 12 month revalidation with updated proof of entitlement. When the concession expires, the membership will automatically revert back to the full price unless we have been instructed by the member to renew the concession.
No sharing of equipment, each player must have clubs and their own golf bag.
Maximum of 4 persons in a group
Last time for hire equipment may vary on time of year/closing times
We recommend you call the golf shop direct 01432 344376 to book your half price hire clubs to avoid disappointment
Halo Golf Membership
£14.95 per month
12 months committed membership
Normal enrolment fee applies
Access to golf course at Hereford Leisure Centre and putting green at Hereford Leisure Pool. This membership does not entitle the member to use other Halo centres or facilities.
Halo Cafe Loyalty Card
- Stamped cards may not be exchanged for cash
- offer includes a regular medium size: tea, coffee, herbal tea, speciality teas, and hot chocolate
- Does not include extra syrup shots
- Offer excludes vending machines
Hereford Leisure Centre Toning Suite Membership
- 12 Month contract starting from 1st month direct debit.
- Membership only for use of toning suite facilities.
Fair Use Policy- Booking Cancellations
- Halo allows cancellation right up to the minute before the booking starts to enable customers to make occasional and essential changes to their programme and to maximise the attendance at every session.
- There will be no cancellation fees on any of the following bookings that have been made up to 14 day in advance online, 7 days in advance in centre by members and non members: Court Hire -rackets and team games, all weather pitch hire, group exercise classes, wet and dry.
- Customers may cancel any casual bookings without charge and should use this facility in the spirit in which it is offered. Paid bookings are not refundable. Where a booking has been paid, a credit note will be issued.
- The easiest way to cancel is online. Please give as much notice as possible to allow time to reallocate your space.
- Online: a credit note will be automatically be generated and applied to the member's account.
- If your booking is included in your membership agreement and you do not attend without cancelling in advance, we will add a charge equal to the discount you have received to your account. You will be required to pay this charge before making any further bookings.
- Upfront payment is required at the time of booking for non-members.
- If a non-member fails to attend without cancelling, you will not receive credit note.
- Customers who routinely block others from booking by stockpiling bookings and cancelling late may be banned from booking, have their membership terminated or be charged cancellation fees. This will be at the sole discretion of the general manager.
Membership Freezing (or in other words …. putting your membership on hold)
- You can freeze your monthly or annual membership at any time.
- You can freeze your memberships for 2 to 6 months period.
- If you have any medical reason to freeze your membership longer than 6 months please speak to a member of staff who will be able to help.
- It is a membership privilege to be able to freeze. There is a fee of £1.50 per month for freezing. This small payment guarantees that the monthly membership fee will not increase during the freeze period and when the membership is reactivated, the member will pay the same as they did before they froze.
- Applies to all adult memberships paid for by direct debit.
- This will be collected each month via direct debit.
- There is no charge for annual memberships.
- Once the freeze period has come to an end, Halo will collect the monthly membership direct debit at the price the member paid before they froze.
- Please keep a record of when your freeze period finishes as Halo doesn’t remind you.
- If you are in a committed membership, you are still in a 12 month contract. The number of frozen months will simply be added on once your membership is reactivated.
- If you are an annual member freezes the end date will be extended.
£10 off birthday party voucher
- Paper voucher- Voucher to be used before the date stated on the voucher.
- Paper voucher to be handed in to reception at time of booking.
- If you have received an email vouched from Halo, you can show this to Reception on mobile phones or print off.
- The voucher can be used at any Halo centre in Herefordshire, Highworth, Bridgend County & Bridgnorth.
- Only 1 voucher can be used at a time.
- The voucher can be used towards any Halo party; pool parties, sports parties, JumpInGym indoor soft play parties, bouncie castle parites and indoor climbing parties.
- The voucher Can't be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- General bookings and admission policy applies.
Student Leisure Pass
- Customer must show student ID with valid date at the time of buying.
- Upfront payment of £50 is required.
- Pass gives access to: gym, pools, classes, rackets, toning suite, indoor climbing, golf and athletics track.
- Immediate use of the facilities.
- Pass gives students 20 activity sessions.
- The student needs to swipe in for each visit.
- One activtiy= 1 session eg) going for a gym and swim on same day= 2 sessions taken from the 20 sessions.
- Customers can buy as many passes as and when they want but it might work out cheaper to take out a membership buying Student Leisure Passes frequently.
Active Families Membership
- Active Families membership gives you access to swim, gym, group exercise classes, spa facilities, golf and toning suite.
- Access to Racket sports and bowls is available on a pay as you play basis.
- Active Families membership gives you access to use all 10 centres in Herefordshire, centres in Shropshire, Bridgend County and Highworth.
- The Active Families membership can only be set up at Hereford Leisure Centre.
- Discount available to new and existing members.
- Existing members will enter a new 12 month contract period starts when they move to this new membership.
- 12 month contract applies.
- £10 enrolment fee applies.
- Max of 4 parents/guardians per child on our gymnastic courses.
- Parents/guardians do not have to live at the same address as the child.
- There is no concessionary rates the membership is £30 for everyone.
- No double discounting - discount does not apply to already discounted prices eg concession and Easy.
New Home Offer Leaflet
- Leaflet must be shown to reception at time of setting up offer.
- Family must live at same address.
- All memberships must be set up at the same time.
- Enjoy a months free access to: Gym, swim, classes, toning suite, spa, Rackets and golf.
- Rackets included free during your first month, not included in our standard Active Halo membership.
- Does not include coaching courses: Swimming, gymnastics, trampolining or tennis lessons.
- Access to any of our Halo Centres in Herefordshire, Shropshire, Highworth and Bridgend County.
- After free month you can join as a member or use the facilities as pay as you go.
6 weeks free adult learn to swim programme
- Available at Hereford Leisure Pool, Leominster Leisure Centre, Ross Swimming Pool & Bridgnorth Endowed Leisure Centre.
- Customer is to sign up to a Adult Course Direct Debit membership to claim their 6 weeks free adult learn to swim programme.
- After the 6 weeks free £25 a month direct debit will start...saving up to £9 per month (a regular Adult Course Direct Debit is £34 per month).
- If you do not want to carry on with lessons after the 6 weeks you can cancel your direct debit.
- After the 6th lesson yout Direct Debit will be collected as normal unless you have cancelled before collection date.
- You can stay on the adult learn to swim programme after your free 6 weeks and go public swimming at any Halo pool.
- Sessions are for adults aged 18+.
- This is not a 12 month contracted membership so you can cancel at any point with 30 days notice.
Refer A Friend Scheme
- THE REFERRAL OFFER: For every referred friend who joins, the existing member making the referral gets: £1 discount per month of their Halo Direct Debit membership for as long as the referred friend remains a member (up to a maximum of 12 months).
- Annual members get: £1 discount per month for as long as the referred friend remains a member (up to a maximum of 12 months).
These £1s are recorded in the annual members account and are redeemed as an discount at time of renewal onto another annual or a monthly direct debit membership.
- The referred friend who signs up gets FREE Registration fee - that's a saving of up to £10
WHO CAN MAKE REFERRALS?:
- Any member 18+ currently on an annual or monthly Direct Debit Halo membership - across all membership categories.
- The referring member must have paid their previous Direct Debit before they can refer a friend.
WHO CAN’T MAKE A REFERRAL?:
- Pay as you go customers.
- People on sports coaching courses eg swimming, gymnastics, trampolining lesson, private 1-2-1 lessons.
Junior members (17’s and under).
A brand new member who hasn’t paid their first direct debit yet - once first direct debit is paid then they can refer.
WHO CAN’T BE REFERRED?:
- A current member upgrading or downgrading their membership eg a Focus Swim to an Active Halo membership.
Anyone already on our system including Pay As U Go members
HOW REFERRALS CAN BE MADE:
- Through the refer a friend option on the Halo app (currently being developed and trialled at selected centres).
The referring member can accompany the new joiner to reception when they sign up.
The new joiner gives the name and/or membership number of the referring member to reception when they sign up.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Free registration fee is only available to new members (users already on Legend do NOT qualify)
- Referred member can sign up to a 12 month membership or a monthly rolling membership where appropriate eg Access to Leisure.
- Does not apply to someone upgrading from one type of membership to another eg Focus Tone to Active Halo.
- 18+ only.
- Does not include any type coaching course memberships.
- No limits on the amount of referrals an individual member can make.
- If the referring member makes enough referrals they could get their monthly membership for free!.
- If the referred member cancels the £1 discount for the referring member stops.
- If the referred member freezes their membership then the discount to the referee will stop for the duration of the freeze.
- The referral discount starts after the friend has paid their 1st Direct Debit.
- Maximum discount is to the value of the referring members monthly direct debit - no cash alternative.
- Referred members joining on a monthly rolling contract eg) Access to Leisure - maximum of 2 sign ups via the Refer a Friend per calendar year.
- Halo has the right to withdraw the referral offer for people abusing the scheme ie repeat joiners and cancellations on the monthly rolling membership.
Ledbury Swimming Lesson Referral
- Refer a friends child onto swimming lessons at Ledbury swimming pool and we'll give you a £5 Halo gift voucher.
- Only at Ledbury Swimming Pool.
- Only on Swimming Lessons.
- Referred friend must sign up to a valid Direct Debit for there childs lessons.
- No maximum number of referal can be made.
- No cash alternative offered.
- You have 12 months to spend your voucher.
- Vouchers can be used as full or part paymnet.
- Vouchers can be used towards: Zoggs products, ice creams, swimming certificates & badges, towards a Halo membership or Halo pay as you go access, birthday parties.
Membership offer for SHYPP
- Membership offer of Easy rate for 12 months Active Halo Membership.
- Normal registration fee applies.
- At end of 12 months - we will not actively look to alter the rate. If you leave and come back at a later date this will be at the standard price.
- You must show your SYHPP pass to reception at the time of joining.
Former member 'Welcome Back' £50 for 50 days offer
- Available only on complete Active memberships
- Not available to purchase online or at al halo centre
- Call the Halo Contact Team on 01432 842075 to pick up your 50 days for £50
- Available for lapsed former members only
- Quote 'Welcome Back' when signing up
- Free registration fee - saving of £10
- For sale during August only
- Upfront payment of £50 for 50 consecutive days
- Customer needs to tell Halo by day 42 (approx 6 weeks after sign up) if they want to cancel and get their money back or continue with a membership.
- You need to provide your contact details and we will ask for permission for us to contact you regarding the offer
- The Halo Contact Team will be making calls towards the end of the 50 days to explore other ways Halo can help you to get more active more often. After this time you can opt out of future communications
September Refer a Friend
- Refer a friend to join Halo in September- your friend gets their first month for £1 saving up to £48 and you will get a month for £1.
- Applies to any type of adult aged 18+ membership on a minimum 12 month contract - toning, gym, golf, swim, active, active together, easy, access 2 leisure.
- 18+ only.
- If your friend has already had a Halo membership and cancelled during September 2018 they can not benefit from the offer.
- The member must of already been a member for a minimum of 1 month (Eg been a member since August 2018).
- Does not include coaching course memberships or juniors.
- Sign up - in centre. Existing member accompanies new joiner or new joiner gives details of existing member for Halo staff to check and confirm Halo membership.
- No limits on the amount of referrals an individual member can make -ie if you make 3 referrals in September you will get 3 consecutive months for £1 per month when your 3 friends joins in September.
- The first full direct debit at the normal price will be collected for the new member on the same date they sign up but in the next month eg if they join on 16th September - their first direct debit will be collected on 16th October.
- Member does no get their £1 month until friend pays their 1st direct debit in October at full price.
- If the existing members October direct debit comes out before the new member has paid their October direct debit (at the normal rate) - then the £1 month will be offered in November.
Bluelight offer- 70 days for £70
- This is for people DIRECTLY employed by NHS and those in the emergency services.
- People who work for companies and business partners (eg Sodexo) who work with the NHS but not directly employed by the NHS don't qualify for this offer- however they still get the Active Together corporate discount if their company has signed up.
- An NHS/emergency services payslip or ID name badge needs to be shown to qualify.
- Available for sale during September only. At centre only not online.
- 70 days = 2 months and 9 days
Autumn Teen Fit Hit Offer
- Available for 12-17 year olds only. 18-19 year olds in full time education have access to student prices and offers.
- Available in Herefordshire, Bridgnorth, Highley, Highworth and Bridgend.
- Available onsite or over the phone (not available to buy on website).
- The offer is available to buy from 1st September until 30th September. After this date the voucher is not on sale.
- This temporary membership will finish on 31st December for all teens that have brought the pass no matter what date they have brought it.
- No access after 31st of December. If you are wanting to use the facilities after this date there is a pay as you go price or a membership options.
- This pass does not give juniors access to book classes online this must be done in centre up to 7 days in advance.
- No registration fee for this offer savings £10.
- £48 is one upfront payment.
- Parents must fill in a parent consent form before juniors can go into the gym.
- Juniors must have a gym induction before going into the gym (if they have not had one before or within the last 12 months).
- Existing age restrictions and admission policies apply i.e. sunbeds for 18+ and Spa facilities 16+.
- Only available to purchase in centre or with the Halo Contact Team on Wednesday 31st of October only.
- Membership is an upfront payment on the day not direct debit.
- This Active Halloween pass only has access to book classes 8 days in advance online or 7 days in advance in the centre or over the phone. This is a tempory membership so does not have full membership privileges to book 14 days in advance online.
- No offer on Focus memberships or Coaching Course memberships.
- 3 months starts from 31st of October 2018.
- 3 months expires on 31st January 2019.
- No refunds available or freeze options for this membership.
Bring a friend for free during November
- For direct debit or annual paying members only.
- Applies to members on any type of halo membership.
- Friend must be accompanied by halo member to the free activity.
- Friends get the same entitlement as the member eg Focus swim members can bring their friend for free to a swim session but not the gym.
- No limit on the number of friends a member can bring.
- No limit on the number of visits a friend can make - but they must be accompanied by the existing member at each visit to activate their free entry.
- Only during November.
- For gym and swim sessions only.
- Induction not necessary for gym but a bookable free 30 minute induction available on request.
- Refer a Friend offer avialble if friend joins.