This first half-term of the year is always a tricky one, planned days out usually dogged by rain or snow. Do not despair. There are some fabulous ways to make this school break the best yet.
- Get out the Christmas presents your kids had no time to play with. Make one day a Christmas day revisited. Anyone for Cluedo?
- Get out of the house and stay in the warm. Why not get the whole family to sign up for Swimathon 2019 and enjoy family fun, improve family fitness, and raise some cash for Cancer Research UK and Marie Curie. We’re hosting Swimathon events at all our pools so set your family a challenge. How many lengths will you go to? If you want to make a day of it enjoy a swim-sport combo and then back to the sofa for a family film.
- Get out the wellies, wrap up and make a holiday-day of it. A visit to one of your local county’s lovely National Trust properties there are some lovely sites check out their websites for details of what’s going on. Some puddle splashing in the local park can be fabulous fun for little ones, too.
- Get your own Bake Off going in the kitchen. Prize for the healthiest or the happiest cakes is a trip to the cinema for a movie (like the new How to Train Your Dragon).
- Check out our brilliant menu of holiday activities for those days when you have to work and your kids want to make new pals doing new things. Find out what your local centre is up to below