Setting off to the supermarket for the big Christmas shop? Add these to the list to keep the nutrients up and balance right. They’ll make you feel so much better.
- Fruit for the lounge table. Clementines go brilliantly with chocolate.
- Sparkling water and lemon and lime slices. Perfect for pre-dinner drink and preventing hangovers (add some fruit juice for a quick but healthy party punch).
- Fun sized mineral waters for the fridge as an alternative to fizzy drinks. Attach a small treat (like a mini chocolate decoration) with some Christmas ribbon if you want to add some festive sparkle to kids’ play dates.
- Crackers, breadsticks, toasted pitta, houmous, carrot and cucumber batons - the stuff of summer picnics make up a perfect platter of TV snacks without the sugar rush.
- Nuts. The stuff of a longer life if you eat a handful a day. That’s got to be a good alternative to Christmas cake.