Why work for Halo?
When you work for Halo, not only are you part of a team that will support you to be the best but you are part of a movement helping your community. How’s that? Well, Halo is a social enterprise. That means we care about the people and places we live and work in.
Every penny we make goes into those communities to help people live healthy and active lives. We are particularly interested in supporting people in the community who face barriers and where accessing fitness is not as easy as it is for others. So that means helping people who are vulnerable or feel isolated, people with disabilities, people who experience illness with their physical or mental health. Helping those who find it hard due to caring for a family member, studying and school commitments or becoming new parents. We offer discounts to local organisations like the NHS, emergency services, councils and local companies and groups who help to make our communities.
So when you work for Halo, you are also helping to give back to your community.
And, we also care about you. You get great training and support with an employer that can be flexible to your life and career too. Halo is committed to offering local people recruitment, apprentice and volunteering opportunities.
When we do well - we all do well.
Here are just some of the ways we support the community.
Dementia swimming sessions in Bridgend
Multiple Sclerosis group
Volunteer with Halo and help your local community get happy and healthy...
We offer volunteering opportunities across all functions: sports coaching, children's activities, community development, marketing, administration. We currently have volunteers who:
- Assist the swimming instructors
- Support gymnastics and trampolining sessions
- Work alongside recreation attendants and fitness professionals
- Support the marketing department with the promotion of what Halo has to offer
- Act as workout 'buddies' for people who would welcome some moral support when exercising
But we would like more!
People volunteer for a variety of reasons: because they are passionate about their particular sport and want to encourage others to try it, or are interested in a career in the leisure sector and are using volunteering to get experience.
Vika Nartova, who volunteered in Halo’s marketing department said:
“After finishing my degree in marketing, I realised the rising importance of work experience within such a competitive job market, as most of the employees are looking for staff with at least a few years experience. Halo Leisure gave me an opportunity to gain that experience and a greater understanding of my chosen field”.
Whatever your reason for getting involved; we would love to hear from you. Volunteers will be provided with necessary training, great support from our friendly staff and supervised by a Volunteer Champion. Previous volunteering experience is not essential.
Want a piece of action?
Contact the General Manager or Volunteer Champion at the Halo Centre you want to volunteer at.
Halo – who, what, where and when?
The annual report below will give you an essence of what we’re all about and why we are a company to get involved with.
Staff Benefits at Halo Leisure
Working for Halo you can get the following benefits for you and your family:
- A free Complete Membership for yourself - to work out and wind down at any Halo centre.
- £10 per month Complete Membership for partners*.
- £10 per month Complete Membership per child (under 18) of employee*.
- £10 per month Course Direct Debit per child of employee*.
- 25% discount on Complete Committed Membership (and enrolment fee) for other family members*.
- 25% off birthday parties for children of employees*.
- 25% off entire bill on all Halo cafe purchases.
- 10% off all other retail goods sold in Halo.
Did you know you can also get...
- Option of Halo Pension Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme through Cycle Solutions.
- Child care vouchers.
- Access to a range of family friendly leave policies.
- Occupational health and well being services.
- Training opportunities
NEW ... Just introduced ...
25% off Complete Membership & Course Direct Debit for children and step children not resident at the same address.
* Living at the same address.
An apprenticeship with Halo will kick start your career within the sport and leisure industry
Working with our friends at Lifetime training, Halo is providing a new apprenticeship scheme leading to a range of apprenticeship opportunities in the following areas:
- Activity leadership
- Health and fitness
- Customer service
- Leisure operations
About the qualification:
As part of the apprenticeship, (depending on the centre you are based at) you will have the opportunity to also gain some of the following nationally recognised qualifications:
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Amateur Swimming Assocation Swimming Teacher Level 1
- British Gymnastic Level 1
- Fitness Instructor Level 2
- Functional Skills - Maths & English
What's in it for you:
- Best possible start to a variety of careers within the leisure and physical activity industry
- Potential for additional income by become a qualified coach in a variety of activities - swimming, gymnastics, trampolining, gym
- Having a multi-skill activity leadership qualification makes you more attractive to future employers
- Be part of a team what is all about getting the local community more active more often and building healthier communities
- Staff benefits: free halo membership for you, discounted halo membership for your family and more...
What our past and present apprentices think:
Connor’s springboards to a career...
“I completed my Leisure Operations Level 2 Apprenticeship last year at Hereford Leisure Pool and am now working as a lifeguard (and doing level 2 swimming teaching) to add to my credentials. This has opened up a future in the leisure industry. It’s brilliant stuff.” Connor Fox, 19.
How Megan’s moving forward in her career...
“I’m doing fitness and lifeguard training as part of my apprenticeship at Ynysawdre Swimming Pool in Bridgend. This is something I’ve always wanted to do! It’s so much fun - different every day.” Megan Barron, 18.
How Michael’s become part of our team at Halo...
“I’m doing a Lifeguard Apprenticeship and am really enjoying it, especially being part of a strong, friendly team here at Pencoed Swimming Pool in Bridgend. This will give me a qualification I can take with me anywhere.” Michael Lawes, 23.
Want a piece of the action?
Current vacancies are all shown below, if we do not have any current vacancies register your interest and we will contact you when we have new vacancies. To speak to some in our HR department to find out more call 01568 618980 or email email@example.com