Could you wear our halo?
We are always on the lookout for star performers. Qualifications and experience are not always essential as these can be provided.
Volunteer with Halo and help your local community get happy and healthy...
We offer volunteering opportunities across all functions: sports coaching, children's activities, community development, marketing, administration. We currently have volunteers who:
- Assist the swimming instructors
- Support gymnastics and trampolining sessions
- Work alongside recreation attendants and fitness professionals
- Support the marketing department with the promotion of what Halo has to offer
- Act as workout 'buddies' for people who would welcome some moral support when exercising
But we would like more!
People volunteer for a variety of reasons: because they are passionate about their particular sport and want to encourage others to try it, or are interested in a career in the leisure sector and are using volunteering to get experience.
Vika Nartova, who volunteered in Halo’s marketing department said:
“After finishing my degree in marketing, I realised the rising importance of work experience within such a competitive job market, as most of the employees are looking for staff with at least a few years experience. Halo Leisure gave me an opportunity to gain that experience and a greater understanding of my chosen field”.
Whatever your reason for getting involved; we would love to hear from you. Volunteers will be provided with necessary training, great support from our friendly staff and supervised by a Volunteer Champion. Previous volunteering experience is not essential.
Want a piece of action?
Contact the General Manager or Volunteer Champion at the Halo Centre you want to volunteer at.
Halo – who, what, where and when?
The annual report below will give you an essence of what we’re all about and why we are a company to get involved with.
Staff Benefits at Halo Leisure
Working for Halo you can get the following benefits for you and your family:
- A free Complete Membership for yourself - to work out and wind down at any Halo centre.
- £10 per month Complete Membership for partners*.
- £10 per month Complete Membership per child (under 18) of employee*.
- £10 per month Course Direct Debit per child of employee*.
- 25% discount on Complete Committed Membership (and enrolment fee) for other family members*.
- 25% off birthday parties for children of employees*.
- 25% off entire bill on all Halo cafe purchases.
- 10% off all other retail goods sold in Halo.
Did you know you can also get...
- Option of Halo Pension Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme through Cycle Solutions.
- Child care vouchers.
- Access to a range of family friendly leave policies.
- Occupational health and well being services.
- Training opportunities
NEW ... Just introduced ...
25% off Complete Membership & Course Direct Debit for children and step children not resident at the same address.
* Living at the same address.